The website’s home page is eye catching and colourful. One aspect of this page that I like is the fact that the images on the home page are constantly being updated to reflect the brand’s newest releases. For instance, the website is currently showcasing its Spring 2023 line. By having these large images on the front page, it attracts the consumer and increases the chance of the consumer viewing the featured items.
The slightly blurred font for “SPRING 2023” adds texture to the website. The font looks futuristic, which may give the viewer the impression that their spring line is innovative and unique. Moreover, having the models wear specific pieces from this line allows the viewer to imagine how the products can be styled, which may entice the viewer to purchase the clothing items and accessories.
- The website is straightforward and easy to navigate.
- The website’s white background increases contrast and makes their products stand out.
- Website elements such as images and words are spaced out in a way that uses the blank space well, while also preventing the website from looking cluttered.
- The menu: it is clearly segmented into their product categories (eg Women’s, Men’s Home, etc)
- This makes it easy for the audience to navigate the website and view the category that they are interested.
- The menu sections further expand to specific items in each category. For instance, New, Dresses, and Tops.
- If the audience knows exactly which item they want, the search bar allows them to do that.
- Most items have several pictures which allows the audience to see every aspect of the product. This can help with the purchasing decision process as it allows the audience to analyze the item and see if it is to their liking.
- To the right of the product, the website has a “You May Also Like” section which suggests similar items based on the product you are viewing. This is an effective strategy as it can increase sales.
- There is a “Filter by” sections that allows the viewers to customize their shopping experience to suit their needs.
Based on these points, it is clear that the “how it works” aspects of website design is well done. The layout is organized in a way that makes website navigation easy. The “how it looks” portion of design is displayed through the website’s use of images and colour. The images make the website more interesting and interactive for the viewer (Gertz, 2015).
What Could Be Improved:
- The way the images line up make the website look clean and organized; however, the company may want to consider the fact that the customer does not have a reason to continue scrolling.
- Since the images line up horizontally, the viewer feels like they can stop scrolling whenever. If the images were slightly staggered, the consumer would have more incentive to continue scrolling as they may feel like they are missing out on something.
Gertz, T. (2015, July 10). How to survive the Digital apocalypse. Louder Than Ten. Retrieved March 6, 2023, from https://louderthanten.com/coax/design-machines